I arrived home yesterday to find a FedEx envelope on my front porch. I knew right away, or at least I was pretty sure, it was my visa to India. Although I’ve done quite a bit of traveling, this is the first time I’ve had to get a visa. I was excited to see what it would look like, especially since I had to send a new 2″ x 2″ color photo (same as a passport photo) with the application. It’s like having two front pages in your passport! The original front page and a second “front page” now in the middle of your passport. Anyway, now I have all the legal issues handled and I’m official.
Here’s the plan:
- July 5th – Depart RDU for Mumbai where we will visit schools, take a cultural tour, and have lunch at the Cricket Club of India
- July 8th – Head to Pune where we will participate in an orientation to education in India, go on a walking tour, visit schools, visit a village, and spend time with a host family
- July 15th – On to Delhi where we will have the opportunity to participate in a yoga class with Emily (CIU Program Coordinator), visit the Gandhi Memorial, Lotus Temple, Qutb Complex, Humayun’s Tomb, and government organizations,
- July 19th – go to the Wildlife SOS on the way to Agra where we will visit the Mother Teresa Charity Mission and the Taj Mahal
- July 20th – it’s back to Delhi where we will visit the UNESCO World Heritage site and end our professional development program; I’ll head to Thailand this evening.